Autumn 2019

© Ann-Britt Öhman

For autumn 2019 there will be two application rounds: The international application round and the national application round.

Students can apply in both the international and the national application round. However, we advise international students to apply in the first round in order to have enough time to arrange practical matters (e.g., getting a residence permit and finding accommodation).

If you have any questions about the application periods, please contact

International Application Round

The international application round is suitable for all students and is generally open around 15:t of October - 15:th of January

Apply now 

Deadline for application: 15:th of January 2019

Application Round for EU/EEA Citizens:

The application round for EU/EEA citizens is suitable for students from EU/EEC countries (who don't need a resident permit to study in Sweden). It is, however, also open to students from countries outside EU/EEC. You must then be aware that you get the Notification of Selection results in the middle of July, which will delay when you are able to apply for a resident permit.This round is generally open around 15:th of March - 15:th of April

To students at KTH: For students at Engineering Physics CTFYS at KTH the programme also leads to the Master of Science in Engineering degree (Swedish: Civilingenjörsexamen). Students at CTFYS that seek to apply to the Master's programme within their engineering programme do this at the "val av masterprogram" at KTH during May 1 to May 15.

Contact your study counsellor (Swedish: studievägledare) at the SCI student office at KTH (Kansli SCI)  if you have questions.

Please keep updated on our website and the website of University Admissions in Sweden  for other specific dates and deadlines.

Tuition fees

Applicants outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland must pay an application fee.

Citizens of countries outside the European Union and the European Economic Area who (i) study at a Swedish higher education institution, and who (ii) do not have any other kind of residence permit in Sweden other than a residence permit for studies, will need to pay tuition fees.

Formal exchange students will be exempted from tuition fees, as well as the application fee.

Top page top