Memorial Conference for Erik Palmgren, 1963–2019
Tid: To 2020-05-07 kl 09.30 - Fr 2020-05-08 kl 17.30
May 7–8 2020, Department of Mathematics, Stockholm University.
Erik Palmgren, professor of Mathematical Logic at Stockholm University, passed away unexpectedly in November 2019.
This conference will be a two-day workshop to remember and celebrate Erik's life and work. There will be talks by Erik’s friends and colleagues, as well as time for discussions and exchange of memories during breaks. Talks may be about any topics that Erik would have enjoyed, including but not limited to (in Erik’s words ):
- Type theory and its models. The relation between type theory and homotopy theory.
- Categorical logic and category-theoretic foundations.
- Constructive mathematics, especially formal topology and reverse constructive mathematics.
- Nonstandard analysis, especially its constructive aspects
- Philosophy of mathematics related to constructivism.